MacTribe’s junior positions (1st/2nd line) focus on desktop and end user support a majority of the time, while also geeking out on team projects. As each environment we support will have an entirely unique layout / expectation, a varied and experienced skill set is a must. Below are the minimum requirements:
TECH SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 2 years working in a similar junior role
- Excellent Interpersonal skills: i.e. telephony skills, communication skills, active listening and customer-care
- Excellent troubleshooter: able to solve issues quickly and completely
- Excellent multi-tasker: N.B.: Our internal target response time – a blistering 30mins!
- Excellent Googler: We have one rule in the office. If you don’t use google properly, you pay the google swear jar.
- Working knowledge of supporting Windows and Apple Desktop operating systems
- including troubleshooting standard business applications: ms office, adobe, email clients, anti-virus, local backups, cloud apps, VPN settings and apps, new user setups, AFP, SMB, terminal, etc
- Working knowledge of standard support tools and techniques: TeamViewer, RDP, ARD, ticketing systems, time tracking, etc
- Working knowledge of common network protocols: TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, VPN, etc
- Working knowledge of Cloud Administration: Office365 Hosted Exchange, Google Apps, Dropbox, Adobe CC, etc
- Working knowledge of Server Administration: Creating and modifying users in AD / OD, etc